Informational DIBELS Materials
DIBELS Research References (updated April 4, 2013) (Download)
A comprehensive collection of research publications related to DIBELS.
DIBELS Next® Technical Manual (March 30, 2013)
Design information, reliability, and validity data for DIBELS Next.
(Available from the DIBELS Next download page)
DIBELS 6th Edition Technical Adequacy Information (Download)
A comprehensive collection of technical adequacy data for DIBELS 6th Edition.
"What Are DIBELS?" (Download)
An informational brochure intended for those new to DIBELS.
Parent Letter (English) (Español)
Download this parent letter and copy it onto school letterhead if you would like to send the parents of your students a brief explanation of DIBELS testing.
- Why is Retell a Required Part of DORF in DIBELS Next? (Download)
- Use of DIBELS for Student-Level Accountability Decisions (Download)
- The Use of DIBELS for System-Wide Accountability Decisions (Download)
- The Use of DIBELS for Diverse Learners (Download)
- DIBELS Myths and Facts (Download)
- Response to "The Truth About DIBELS" (Download)
- 2011-2012 DIBELSnet® System-Wide Percentile Ranks for DIBELS Next (2013). (Download)
- DIBELS Next Oral Reading Fluency Readability Study (2010).
Tech Report 7.
- DIBELS Next Development: Findings from Beta 2 Validation Study (2012).
Tech Report 10. (Download)
- DIBELS Next Benchmark Goals Study (2012).
Tech Report 11. (Download)
- Cummings, K. D., Kaminski, R. A., Good, R. H., & O'Neil, M. (2011).
Assessing phonemic awareness in preschool and kindergarten: Development and initial validation of First Sound Fluency. Assessment for Effective Intervention, 36(2), 94-106.
Assessing the Readability of DIBELS AD Oral Reading Fluency and Daze (2014).
Tech Report 16. (Download)
Development of DIBELS Deep: A Pilot Study (2007).
Tech Report 5. (Download)
Assessing the Utility of DIBELS Deep: Phonemic Awareness and Word Reading and Decoding (2013).
Tech Report 15. (Download)
DIBELS Next Survey
DIBELS Survey Beta (2011).
Tech Report 8. (Download)
Analysis of DIBELS Survey Beta Usability Questionnaire (2011).
Tech Report 9. (Download)
DIBELS 6th Edition
Linking DIBELS Oral Reading Fluency with the Lexile Framework® for Reading (Download)
A study produced by MetaMetrics, the developers of Lexiles, that links Lexiles to 6th Edition DIBELS Oral Reading Fluency results for first through third grades. Lexile and Lexile Framework are registered trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc.
Best Practices in Using Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) for Formative Assessment and Evaluation (Download)
Check back often for new postings as papers, presentations, and technical reports on DIBELS are constantly in development.
Looking for IDEL® Publications?
Click here for IDEL® Publications and Presentations.